Here's a running update on what Green Bay Packers coach Mike McCarthy said today after practice:
* RB Cedric Benson (foot, placed on IR designated for return)
* S Sean Richardson (hamstring, did not practice)
* WR Greg Jennings (groin, did not participate)
* TE Jermichael Finley (shoulder, did not participate)
* NT B.J. Raji (ankle, did not participate)
* CB Davon House (shoudler, full participation)
* On Benson being placed on injured reserve, designated for return: We're optimistic, feel he can come back. It's a tough injury to come back from, but within that time frame, we definitely feel like he has a chance. Could see him being one of those guys who can come back for the last four games.
* We're going to take the hot hand. Alex (Green) and James (Starks) both got reps today. So did (Brandon) Saine. Green is a little further ahead, and that's the way we'll go, but we'll use all three.
* Take the full week with Greg Jennings. Won't be able to answer any questions about him until Friday. Look at Greg, Jermichael (Finley) and B.J. (Raji) all the same. Earliest they could be on the practice field would be Friday. All veterans, and could take it right up until the game.
* Benson was getting more and more comfortable each week.
* (Texans DE) J.J. Watt is having an excellent season.
* On wanting better practices: Clean plays. It's important for the scout look team to give the offense, defense and special teams a clean look. ... Speed and tempo, there's some mechanical things we needed to do on offense. Tempo was very good today. We've just heightened the urgency.
* On practicing outside: I always prefer to go on grass. My wind guy told me to inside, but I look at the flag. It wasn't fully pitched so we stayed outside. We had some gusts.
* On Aaron Rodgers saying he's not playing up to his standards: "Aaron's been very honest answering those questions. ... I have great faith and belief in him, more than I ever have."
* On the need for another playmaker with Benson, Jennings and Finley out: "We're a concept-driven offense. We focus on the injury report as far as personnel group. Never want to be one player away from getting out of a personnel group. ... Our TEs are interchangeable. The WR play all four positions. We're very fortunate to have players with the mental capacity and discipline that we have."
* "I'm not a panicker. It's a loser's mentality."