Advertisement

You will be redirected to the page you want to view in  seconds.

11th Ave. house fire started by candle

7:10 AM, Dec. 4, 2012  |  Comments
Firefighters work the scene of a house fire at 609 11th Ave. on Green Bay's west side on Monday afternoon.
Firefighters work the scene of a house fire at 609 11th Ave. on Green Bay's west side on Monday afternoon.
  • Filed Under

The cause of a fire at a two-family home at 609 11th Ave. is still under investigation, but Green Bay fire officials say they were dispatched to the scene after a lit candle was knocked over onto a bed in a first-floor bedroom.

There were no injuries.

Nine people were displaced by the fire, which caused $27,000 in damage, Battalion Chief Robert Wiegert said. They were being assisted by the American Red Cross.

The home's value is $58,100, and owned by Cyril C. and Donna M. Mennen of Green Bay, according to online Brown County land records.

The fire department was dispatched to the scene at 3:15 p.m. and arrived at 3:19 p.m.


View Larger Map

What's your take on the Packers Family Night change?

Retrieving results.
Watching practice is fine.(Your vote)
15%
576 votes
I'd rather watch a scrimmage.(Your vote)
23%
856 votes
I don't want to pay to watch practice.(Your vote)
27%
1018 votes
It doesn't matter to me.(Your vote)
34%
1272 votes

Catch up on the latest in our pregame show every game day.

Football fans

If you've ever answered "Who has the ball?" with "It's halftime," you might recognize The Airhead. Check out the characters in our cartoon gallery of oddball fans.

Special Reports

ORDER YOURS

Football fans

If you've ever answered "Who has the ball?" with "It's halftime," you might recognize The Airhead. Check out the characters in our cartoon gallery of oddball fans.

Special Reports