Jan. 22, 1958 - Bellin x-ray course given approval: Approval has been received by Bellin Memorial Hospital to conduct a two-year course in x-ray training for students studying to be radiological technicians.
After the school was started under the direction of Dr. L.H. Edelblute, chief radiologist, the course of instruction received a detailed examination by medical representatives of the A.M.A. Council.
The first two students to enroll were Nancy Gussert of Green Bay, and Charlotte Krans of Iron Mountain, Mich. The school will be permitted to take in four students each year, allowing a total of eight students at one time. Bellin will work closely with the University of Wisconsin Extension Center, enabling students to take a course in anatomy 10 hours each week.
In addition to Dr. Edelblute, the hospital x-ray staff includes Edward Harris, Miss June Lindau and Miss Bette Orella, all radiological technicians.