Advertisement

You will be redirected to the page you want to view in  seconds.

Ice shanty death linked to carbon monoxide poisoning

7:24 PM, Feb. 4, 2013  |  Comments
  • Filed Under

A 31-year-old Chilton resident found dead Saturday in an ice shanty on Lake Winnebago died from carbon monoxide poisoning, an autopsy revealed.

Sara B. Meyer and a 37-year-old man were found unresponsive around 4 p.m. in a shanty about a half-mile off of Ecker Lakeland Drive north of Brothertown, according to the Calumet County Sheriff's Department.

Meyer was declared dead at the shanty. The man was flown to Theda Clark Medical Center in Neenah and later taken to St. Elizabeth Hospital in Appleton. The Fond du Lac County Medical Examiner's Office performed an autopsy of the woman's body on Monday.

The investigation is ongoing but it does not appear foul play was involved, according to the sheriff's department.

What's your take on the Packers Family Night change?

Retrieving results.
Watching practice is fine.(Your vote)
15%
576 votes
I'd rather watch a scrimmage.(Your vote)
23%
856 votes
I don't want to pay to watch practice.(Your vote)
27%
1017 votes
It doesn't matter to me.(Your vote)
34%
1271 votes

Catch up on the latest in our pregame show every game day.

Football fans

If you've ever answered "Who has the ball?" with "It's halftime," you might recognize The Airhead. Check out the characters in our cartoon gallery of oddball fans.

Special Reports

ORDER YOURS

Football fans

If you've ever answered "Who has the ball?" with "It's halftime," you might recognize The Airhead. Check out the characters in our cartoon gallery of oddball fans.

Special Reports