This building, now Breakthrough Fuels, was the Milwaukee Road depot on Green Bay's east side until 1938. That's when the railroad closed it and used only a west-side depot on Oakland Avenue.
Feb. 25, 1938 - Road to use new station: When Milwaukee road passenger train No. 10 pulls out of the Washington street passenger station for Chicago March 13, the building will end 40 years of service to the traveling public of Green Bay.
On noon of that day a new timecard will take effect scheduling all arrivals and departures from the Oakland avenue station.
By providing only one stop in Green Bay, it is claimed from 15 to 30 minutes will be saved on the movement of each train, not only the time required to run in and out of the stub track into Washington street, but also by permitting the station work and the train servicing to be done simultaneously.
What use will be made of the old passenger depot here has not been determined. The yellow brick building, with tiled roof, was built shortly before the turn of the century.