A Fond du Lac firefighter kneels near a three-season room at 471 Maona Ave. Sunday where a fire was reported about 5:45 p.m.
Fond du Lac Fire Chief Peter O'Leary said the quick thinking of a neighbor who noticed smoke on the east side of a Fond du Lac home early Sunday evening helped save the home from extensive fire damage.
The neighbor called 911 about 5:45 p.m. after noticing smoke in the area of a three-season room at 471 Maona Ave.
"The fire appeared to have been smoldering for quite some time before the neighbors noticed the glow from the fire," O'Leary said. ...