A Fond du Lac firefighter kneels near a three-season room that caught fire Sunday at 471 Maona Ave.
The owner of a Maona Avenue home who was out of town when neighbors noticed a smoldering fire is grateful for their quick response.
A fire was reported at the Robert Casper home, 471 Maona Ave. around 5:45 p.m. Sunday.
"They basically did save the house," he said of neighbors Brian Kuhnz and Dave Gustin, who are being credited for their actions. Kuhnz, who lives at 480 Maona Ave., saw the glow and then smoke from the fire and investigated the area of the three-season room. He ran back and called 911 to get fire department personnel to the scene. ...