After three days of training camp practices, the Packers are taking Monday off, which is a requirement of the collective bargaining agreement signed in 2011. Practice will resume at 8:20 a.m. Tuesday at Nitschke Field.
In the meantime, letís review some of the top PackersNews.com stories from camp:
• This marks the 1-week anniversary of Johnny Jollyís wedding, just another step in his transformation process. In my column about Jolly (http://pck.rs/13fWdS0) I write that the Packers defensive lineman has returned after a three-plus year suspension as a more humble and grateful man.
• Pete Dougherty writes about why rookie running back Johnathan Franklin stood out in the Packersí first padded practice of camp (http://pck.rs/1e5eEKG).
• Weston Hodkiewicz compares the early careers of a pair of Packers safeties Ė former player Nick Collins and current starter Morgan Burnett (http://pck.rs/17awc4d). It may surprise you that Burnett has more interceptions and forced fumbles than Collins at a similar stage of their development.
• In our Packers Insider (http://pck.rs/18M8Okj), defensive lineman Mike Daniels receives the thumbs up from Pete Dougherty, while the Packersí chippiness in practice Sunday merits a thumbs down.
• In our Packers notebook (http://pck.rs/19ryiCX), Datone Jones is looking the part of a first-round draft pick who can make an impact.
• Here is Press-Gazette photographer H. Marc Larsonís photo gallery from Sundayís practice: http://pck.rs/19r5Voh
• Here is our most recent Packers video analysis: http://pck.rs/1e5f1Vi