On Oct. 2 you printed an article entitled: "Man cited for 19th driving after revocation offense."
The article states that this citation has "left local officials shaking their heads". The article further explains that this person - David A Johnson - after being stopped, police found that he had 18 prior suspensions as well as several offenses for driving without proof of insurance! To make matters worse, this the sixth time "this year" that Johnson has been cited.
In reading this article I have the following questions & comments:
1. Why is this guy still allowed to drive a car?
2. Why hasn't someone taken his car away?
3. Why hasn't his wages been garnished to pay for all the unpaid tickets?
4. Why hasn't the judicial system jumped all over this issue and why hasn't the auto insurance companies helped, after all, all of us law abiding citizens are paying more for auto insurance and having to take "insurance for un-insured motorists?" Just imagine how much rates could be lowered.
5. I feel Mr. Johnson should have his car taken away and sold at a public auction and the proceeds given to him for bus fare.
6. Why hasn't a GPS monitor been mandated to him?
Can someone please give this article to all of our Wisconsin elected officials and ask their help in getting these "I don't give a damn" people off our roads.