Injury report: Finley, Kampman, Tauscher full participants
* First, here's the injury report from Packers media maven Jeff Blumb: LB Desmond Bishop (ankle, DNP), LB Brandon Chillar (hand, full), TE Jermichael Finley (knee, full), DE Cullen Jenkins (ankle, DNP), LB Brad Jones (concussion, limited), LB Aaron Kampman (concussion, full), Kuhn (hand, full), LB Clay Matthews (jaw, limited), LB Brady Poppinga (quad, DNP), T Mark Tauscher (knee, full), CB Charles Woodson (hip, limited).
* How'd Finley look? Practiced well. Have a better idea once they watch the tape. Took normal set of reps that would take.
* Practice was only OK today.
* Feel good about Kampman: Yes, feel good medically. Moved around fine today. Looked like normal self.
* On 49ers offense, with QB Alex Smith: "It's nice when they grow up." Went through normal evaluation when had that pick when he was in SF. Entitled to more time with prospects when have No. 1 pick.
* Glad SF took Smith? "Things happen for a reason, and I'm a big believer in that."
* Surprised Smith has struggled so much? Path put on has lot to do with success. Lot of factors go into it. "He's been put through a tough situation, just the number of coordinators" he's been through (five in five years).
* Smith's early struggles speak to difficulty of going from spread offense in college to pro game? "You have to adjust. Football's still football." Don't know. Thinking about playing them on Sunday.
* On stopping TE Vernon Davis: Getting better every year. Physically very gifted. Good blocker, good pass protector. Have to take care of, especially in four-vertical passing game. Definitely a prime target.
* On Mason Crosby's long-range accuracy: "Well, we haven't hit the 50-yarders like we'd like. ... I think it's important for myself and Shawn (Slocum) and Mason" to take information during week and on game day to decide when to kick those.
* On Poppinga: He and Jenkins, Bishop all in similar boat. Hopefully after rehab workouts today. All have chance to practice Thursday.
* On 49ers RB Frank Gore: Think he's special. Coached him as a rookie. Huge challenge this week.
* On LB Patrick Willis: Instinctive, tackling machine. Does good job playing behind blocks in zone scheme. Jumps out on film.
* See Singletary's imprint? Yes. Had experience to work with him there. Good man, passionate, good football coach. Knows Manusky, Raye from Kansas City. Very good coaches on staff.
That's it for now.
-- Tom Pelissero, firstname.lastname@example.org