Green Bay Packers quarterback Bob Thomason kneels along the sideline with coach Gene Ronzani during a 31-20 loss to the Chicago Bears at old City Stadium on Sept. 30, 1951. Photo courtesy of the Tom Pigeon collection
It was 62 years ago this week, Sept. 17, 1950, that the Green Bay Packers switched permanently to green and gold uniforms.
They debuted the look in the season opener at old City Stadium. However, the Packers were routed by the Detroit Lions 45-7 that day.
Before that, the Packers had worn mostly blue, gold and white uniforms. ...