Packers training camp schedule includes 12 practices open to the public, including Family Night
GREEN BAY – The Green Bay Packers will hold 12 open practices, including Family Night, during training camp this year.
All practices will be at Ray Nitschke Field, with the exception of Family Night, which will be at 7 p.m. Aug. 5 at Lambeau Field, and which requires tickets. The schedule includes joint practices with the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 16-17, before a preseason game scheduled for 7 p.m. Aug. 19 at Lambeau Field.
It will be Green Bay's lone preseason home game. The Packers have road games at San Francisco on Aug. 12 and Kansas City on Aug. 25.
Open practice dates will be:
- July 27, 28 and 30. All three practices will begin at 10:45 a.m.
- Aug. 1, 2, 4, 5 (Family Night), 7, 8, 10, 16 and 17.
Practice times for the remaining dates, with the exception of Family Night, will be announced later.
Training camp is a major economic event for Green Bay. It attracts about 90,000 visitors from across the nation and 20 countries, according to Discover Green Bay, and has an estimated economic impact of more than $9 million.
For the first time in three years, the Packers will resume their tradition of players riding kids' bikes to practice, although the route will be different from past years because of major construction in Lot 1 on the southeast side of Lambeau Field. More information will be announced closer to training camp.
Fans were not allowed at training camp in 2020 because of the pandemic, and last year NFL COVID-19 protocols required fans and players to be 20 feet apart. Players rode bikes to practice, but kids weren't involved.
Packers Family Night:Green Bay Packers schedule Family Night at Lambeau Field a week after training camp opens
Packers history:Tony Walter's new Ice Bowl book shares stories of legendary Packers game that 'established Green Bay’s identity'
Notable dates and events in July and August:
- Friday, July 15 – Packers 1K Kids Run (kids 10 years old and younger)
- Saturday, July 16 – Packers 5K Run/Walk, Lambeau Field
- Friday, July 22 – Rookie players report
- Saturday, July 23 - Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City in a professional soccer exhibition match at Lambeau Field.
- Monday, July 25 - Green Bay Packers annual shareholders meeting at Lambeau Field.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Veteran players report
- Wednesday, July 27 – First practice, time to be announced, Ray Nitschke Field
- Friday, Aug. 5 – Family Night, Lambeau Field
- Wednesday, Aug. 17 – Last practice open to public, Ray Nitschke Field
Also, EAA AirVenture will be July 25-31 in Oshkosh. That event draws more than 600,000 people and often spills over to hotels from Green Bay to Milwaukee and Madison.
If inclement weather forces the Packers to hold practices in the Don Hutson Center, those practices will be closed to the public.
Contact Richard Ryman at (920) 431-8342 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter at @RichRymanPG, on Instagram at @rrymanPG or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RichardRymanPG/.