Green Bay Packers set times for first three training camp practices, July 27, 28 and 30 at Ray Nitschke Field
GREEN BAY – The first three Green Bay Packers training camp practices will begin at 10:45 a.m. each day.
The Packers will open 12 practices to the public during training camp this year, including Family Night, when the team practices in Lambeau Field.
Open practice dates will be:
- July 27, 28 and 30. All three practices will begin at 10:45 a.m.
- Aug. 1, 2, 4, 5 (Family Night), 7, 8, 10, 16 and 17. Practice times for the remaining dates will be announced later.
All practices will be at Ray Nitschke Field, with the exception of Family Night, which will be at 7 p.m. Aug. 5 at Lambeau Field, and which requires tickets. The other practices are free.
The schedule includes joint practices with the New Orleans Saints on Aug. 16 and 17, before a preseason game scheduled for 7 p.m. Aug. 19 at Lambeau Field.
It will be Green Bay's lone preseason home game. The Packers have road games during the preseason at San Francisco on Aug. 12 and Kansas City on Aug. 25.
Training camp is a major economic event for Green Bay. It attracts about 90,000 visitors from across the nation and 20 countries, according to Discover Green Bay, and has an estimated economic impact of more than $9 million.
Notable dates and events in July and August:
- Friday, July 22 – Rookie players report
- Saturday, July 23 - Bayern Munich vs. Manchester City in a professional soccer exhibition match at Lambeau Field.
- Monday, July 25 - Green Bay Packers annual shareholders meeting at Lambeau Field.
- Tuesday, July 26 – Veteran players report
- Wednesday, July 27 – First practice, 10:45 a.m., Ray Nitschke Field
- Friday, Aug. 5 – Family Night, 7 p.m. Lambeau Field
- Wednesday, Aug. 17 – Last practice open to public, Ray Nitschke Field
If inclement weather forces the Packers to hold practices in the Don Hutson Center, those practices will be closed to the public.