Highest paid quarterbacks: Ranking NFL QBs by salary for 2019 season
34 NFL quarterbacks make at least $5 million in average salary per year per overthecap.com, a site that tracks NFL player contracts (through Jan. 29, 2020).
20 make at least $10 million a season. 19 make at least $20 million.
Russell Wilson of the Seattle Seahawks is now the highest-paid player -- let alone quarterback -- in the NFL.
Wilson and the Seahawks recently signed a 4-year, $140 million contract, which includes a record $65 million signing bonus and an average annual value of $35 million.
UPDATE:Highest paid quarterbacks in NFL: Ranking QBs by salary for 2020 season
Ben Roethlisberger of the Pittsburgh Steelers is second on the list with an average annual salary of $34 million.
The Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers is third with $33.5 million in average annual salary. He's tied with the Los Angeles Rams' Jared Goff.
Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Carson Wentz is fifth with an average annual salary of $32 million.
PHOTOS:Ranking NFL quarterbacks by salary
NFL's highest paid quarterbacks (average salary per year):
- 1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
- 2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million
- 3.Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
- 3. Rams QB Jared Goff: $33.5 million
- 5. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million
- 6. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
- 7. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
- 8. Colts QB Jacoby Brissett: $27.98 million
- 9. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
- 10. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
- Source: overthecap.com
We're bound to see changes to this list but one thing is certain.
NFL quarterbacks are going to continue to get paid.
To see the 34 NFL quarterbacks who make $5 million a year in average salary, ranked from highest average salary to lowest, click here.
MORE HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYERS:
- Quarterbacks | Running backs | Wide receivers | Tight ends
- Cornerbacks | Safeties | Linebackers | O-linemen | D-linemen
- NFL's highest paid players overall - regardless of position