Highest paid defensive linemen: Ranking NFL D-linemen by salary for 2019 season
NFL defensive linemen are plaguing the opposition and as a result, they are seeing their salaries go up.
9 defensive linemen now make at least $17 million in average annual salary per year, per overthecap.com, a site that tracks NFL player contracts (through Aug. 13, 2019).
16 make at least $15 million.
32 make at least $10 million.
The highest paid defensive linemen in the NFL is the Los Angeles Rams’ Aaron Donald. He makes $22.5 million per season.
MORE:Highest paid defensive linemen in NFL: Ranking D-linemen by salary for 2020 season
PHOTOS:Ranking NFL defensive linemen by salary
NFL's highest paid defensive linemen (average salary per year):
- 1. Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald: $22.5 million
- 2. Cowboys defensive lineman Demarcus Lawrence: $21 million
- 3. Chiefs defensive lineman Frank Clark: $20.8 million
- 4. Lions defensive lineman Trey Flowers: $18 million
- 5. Saints defensive lineman Cameron Jordan: $17.5 million
- 6. 49ers defensive lineman Dee Ford: $17 million
- 7. Browns defensive lineman Olivier Vernon: $17 million
- 8. Eagles defensive lineman Fletcher Cox: $17 million
- 9. Falcons defensive lineman Grady Jarrett: $17 million
- 10. Texans defensive lineman J.J. Watt: $16.7 million
- Source: overthecap.com
To see the 32 NFL defensive linemen who make at least $10 million a year in average salary, ranked from highest average salary to lowest, click here.
MORE HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYERS:
- Quarterbacks | Running backs | Wide receivers | Tight ends
- Cornerbacks | Safeties | Linebackers | O-linemen | D-linemen
- NFL's highest paid players overall - regardless of position