Highest paid NFL players: Ranking NFL players by salary for 2019 season
56 NFL players now make at least $15 million a season in average annual salary, according to overthecap.com, a site that tracks NFL player contracts.
The highest paid player in the league is currently Seattle Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson.
He makes $35 million in average annual salary per year.
The quarterback position dominates the list.
19 of the 56 players who make at least $15 million are QBs and the 12 highest paid players in the league are quarterbacks.
UPDATE:Highest paid players in NFL: Ranking players by salary for 2020 season
PHOTOS:Ranking the NFL's highest paid players by average annual salary
Of the 37 players that are not quarterbacks on the list, 16 of them are defensive linemen, nine are wide receivers, seven are linebackers, three are offensive linemen and two are cornerbacks.
NFL's highest paid players regardless of position (average annual salary):
- 1. Seahawks QB Russell Wilson: $35 million
- 2. Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger: $34 million
- 3. Packers QB Aaron Rodgers: $33.5 million
- 4. Eagles QB Carson Wentz: $32 million
- 5. Falcons QB Matt Ryan: $30 million
- 6. Vikings QB Kirk Cousins: $28 million
- 7. 49ers QB Jimmy Garoppolo: $27.5 million
- 8. Lions QB Matthew Stafford: $27 million
- 9. Raiders QB Derek Carr: $25 million
- 9. Saints QB Drew Brees: $25 million
- 11. Colts QB Andrew Luck: $24.6 million
- 12. Redskins QB Alex Smith: $23.5 million
- 12. Bears linebacker Khalil Mack: $23.5 million
- 14. Rams defensive lineman Aaron Donald: $22.5 million
- 15. Broncos QB Joe Flacco: $22.1 million
- 16. Jaguars QB Nick Foles: $22 million
- 17. Giants QB Eli Manning: $21 million
- 17. Cowboys defensive lineman Demarcus Lawrence: $21 million
- 19. Chargers QB Philip Rivers: $20.81 million
- 20. Chiefs defensive lineman Frank Clark: $20.8 million
To see the 56 NFL players who make at least $15 million a year in average salary, ranked from highest average salary to lowest, click here.
MORE HIGHEST PAID NFL PLAYERS:
- Quarterbacks | Running backs | Wide receivers | Tight ends
- Cornerbacks | Safeties | Linebackers | O-linemen | D-linemen
- NFL's highest paid players overall - regardless of position
NFL's highest paid players by position (average annual salary):
- Quarterback: Seattle Seahawks' Russell Wilson - $35 million
- Linebacker: Chicago Bears' Khalil Mack - $23.5 million
- Defensive lineman: Los Angeles Rams' Aaron Donald - $22.5 million
- Wide receiver: Cleveland Browns' Odell Beckham Jr. - $18 million
- Offensive lineman: Oakland Raiders' Trent Brown - $16.5 million
- Cornerback: Miami Dolphins' Xavien Howard - $15.1 million
- Running back: Los Angeles Rams' Todd Gurley - $14.4 million
- Safety: Tennessee Titans' Kevin Byard - $14.1 million
- Tight end: Green Bay Packers' Jimmy Graham - $10 million
- Kicker: Baltimore Ravens' Justin Tucker - $5 million
- Punter: New Orleans Saints' Thomas Morestead - $3.9 million
- Long snapper: Indianapolis Colts' Luke Rhodes - $1.2 million