GREEN BAY - If Friday night was supposed to be an unofficial escalation in the Green Bay Packers search for a No. 3 receiver, chances are the team will have to wait another week.
Jeff Janis, factoring heavily into the competition, will be inactive for the Packers preseason opener against the Cleveland Browns. Janis was one of 17 players inactive for the Packers. He is battling for the team's No. 3 receiving job primarily with Davante Adams, who is available.
Janis had his hand wrapped in ice at practice earlier this week.
Related: Packers-Browns updates
Related: Packers-Browns game blog
The list of inactive players include quarterback Aaron Rodgers and Brett Hundley. With the Packers starter or backup, undrafted rookies Joe Callahan and Marquise Williams will split snaps behind center Friday night.
The Packers' inactive players cover a variety of reasons. Here is the full inactive list:
- 7 QB Brett Hundley (ankle)
- 12 QB Aaron Rodgers (rest)
- 18 WR Randall Cobb (calf)
- 20 CB Makinton Dorleant (hamstring)
- 47 LB Jake Ryan (hamstring)
- 52 LB Clay Matthews (ankle)
- 56 LB Julius Peppers (rest)
- 57 C Jacob Flores (knee)
- 58 LB Sam Barrington (foot)
- 60 DT Demetris Anderson (ankle)
- 63 C Corey Linsley (PUP)
- 68 T Kyle Murphy (concussion)
- 72 T Josh James (hamstring)
- 77 LS Jesse Schmitt (hand)
- 83 WR Jeff Janis (hand)
- 85 TE Mitchell Henry (groin)
- 87 WR Jordy Nelson (PUP)