Rodgers playing vs. 49ers; Nelson, Guion out
SANTA CLARA, Calif. - Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers will play for the first time this preseason, but 13 of his teammates will not dress Friday night against the San Francisco 49ers.
Receiver Jordy Nelson is among those who will not dress. Nelson, fresh off the physically unable to perform list, has not played since tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee last August at the Pittsburgh Steelers. That was the last time the Packers traveled in the preseason.
Defensive tackle Letroy Guion is the biggest surprise on the no-dress list. Without Guion, the Packers will be thin up front on their defensive line. A back injury prevented first-round rookie defensive tackle Kenny Clark from making the trip.
Here is a full list of inactives for tonight’s third preseason exhibition against the 49ers.
- 7 QB Brett Hundley (ankle)
- 22 FB Aaron Ripkowski (knee)
- 42 S Morgan Burnett (back)
- 47 LB Jake Ryan (just back from hamstring injury)
- 48 LB Joe Thomas (shin)
- 57 C Jacob Flores (knee)
- 63 C Corey Linsley (hamstring)
- 79 G Josh Walker (knee)
- 83 WR Jeff Janis (hand)
- 85 TE Mitchell Henry (finger)
- 87 WR Jordy Nelson (just back from knee injury)
- 97 DT Kenny Clark (back)
- 98 DT Letroy Guion (knee)